[Note by Skin Patrol, 09/02/08 11:05 AM EDT ] Promoted, edited slightly, enjoy. I'm going to be a lot better at promoting things now that I've a) returned to a schedule of some normalcy b) the season is back.
Well people the preseason has finally come to an end and the NFL was smart enought to lead off the regular season with the best team in the land: Your Washington Redskins. Taking everything we've seen in the offseason, OTA's, and presesason what are we to surmise as to how our team will do?
Things that are positive going into the season:
- We have good talent on both sides of the ball
- Great coaching staff that players have bought into
- We play the NFC West
- Great homefield advantage
- Good to possibly great D
Things that are negative going into the season:
- We play in the toughest division in the L (slang for league. I have massive street cred) (ED Note: No comment)
- New Coach + New scheme= FAIL
- Injury woes
- Depth chart at WR,LB,OL
It's futile to try and pick each game the Redskins might win or lose because what makes the NFL great is that you just never know who is going to come out on top. I will say this, 3 out of our first 5 games are against the NFC East and they're all away games. If we can go 2 for 3 in those we will be cooking with gas! Per the naked eye the other games in that span look winnable.
CptChaosSidekick's non kool aid outlook(s) for '08
- Offense picks up WCO, injuries kept to minimum- 10-6- WildCard
- Opposite of that- 8-8
I am however 100% sure to go apeshit should we piss games away like last year.
(ED Note: Poll attached involving CptChaosSidekick's predictions.)